Image Map

Friday, March 1, 2013

Do you know about Wordle?

Wordle.net is the coolest website!!  Directly from the website, "Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends."
 
I have a new way to use this website.  I love to keep my kiddos guessing ... wondering... pondering... exploring... making connections ... predicting... etc... Sooooooo I thought I could use Wordle to do just that.
We have been learning about life and products on the farm, and I thought, "BINGO! Use Wordle to create some description puzzles for the kiddos to figure out vocabulary or key words."  I am going to try to make some more challenging to really get the wheels spinning, but here are the 2 that I have made so far. :)
 
This one describes a "cow."
 
This one describes a "horse."
 
That made me realize that I could then create an "accountability sheet" to accompany this activity:
Get your FREEBIE here
 
WHAT WOULD YOU USE WORDLE FOR????

No comments :

Post a Comment