Image Map

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dollar Tree Find #3 {of 7} - Who Needs Whiteboards When You Can Have...

BLACKBOARDS!
When I saw these at Dollar Tree I HOPED that they would actually be cool, and they ARE!  Each wipe off blackboard comes with a NEON marker with eraser lid {if you run out you can get more here: neon whiteboard markers}. 

As you can imagine you can do TONS of activities with these things.  If you only get a handful, you could use them at the Teacher Table or in Centers/Work Stations.  You could also get a class set and use them to vote, respond to questions, illustrate, etc... 

My personal Smart Tarts were totally excited to get to it.  First, they just wrote what they wanted and explored with how their writing would look.

AND THEY ERASE CLEAN!!
After that, I dictated words for Violet to spell and Mal peeked and tried to follow her lead.
Next I gave her the word, "cat" and asked her to write a list of as many rhyming words that she could think of.  
The marker's quality for being a dollar product was really good.  They are also more vibrant than I hoped.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I also LOVE that it's magnetic on the back.
 
Mallon LOVES tornadoes, so I had him write the letter that tornado starts with and the he drew a "twista" next to it.
Hope you enjoyed this find and I'll see ya tomorrow for yet another goodie!!

4 comments :

  1. I am going to have to look for these. They are too fun! First Grade by the Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline ~ I should go back and snatch up more!! That way I could have back up... They don't have them on the Dollar Tree website. :(

      Delete
  2. I found them today at my $ Tree and bought all 21 they had! Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious, Roberta!!?? That's AWESOME!!!

      Delete