Image Map

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Dollar Tree Find #4 {of 7} - Buttons Can Help Control Your Small Group!

Is this YOU at small group:
"Are you following along?"
"Pay attention."
"Do you know where we are?"
"When you are at Teacher Table I need you to focus..."
And on and on and on...

Well, let me tell you!  
These buttons will do the trick, or at least they will help!
So I got several packs of different shaped buttons from the arts and craft section of the Dollar Tree and I keep them in a pencil box.  Anytime I notice the kids on task, are able to answer a question, are participating, etc... they can earn a button.  On the flip side of that, they can also lose a button for not following along, being disruptive, etc...  When my group time is finished, the person with the most buttons get an extra something ... sticker, smelly, treasure, coupon or whatever I have in store for that day.  
It seems too simple, but the kids REALLY respond and LOVE IT!  I took some pics of one of my groups this past year.  
 They also liked matching their buttons up against each other's to see how many more/less they had.
Let me know if you think this will work in your group and SEE YA TOMORROW for yet another Dollar Tree find!

Smooches!

No comments :

Post a Comment