Image Map

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I am most grateful to be nominated {3 times} for a Liebster Award!

Liebster Award - Recognizing New & Upcoming Blogs
  I am beaming with gratitude at being nominated for a Liebster Award!  I am embarrassed to say that I was originally {and primarily} nominated by: Sarah at http://clearlykindergarten.blogspot.com/ back in November! {I have been quite "cray cray" this year. HA!} Then by: Alisha http://www.firstgradefollies.com/ and Stephanie http://handsonhappiness.blogspot.com/  THANKS GALS! You ROCK!
 So, what is a Liebster Award? It is an award given by bloggers to bloggers ... a "Pay it Forward," if you will. The word "liebster" in German means: adj. favorite, preferred above others; liked or loved above others {source: babylon.com} Basically a way to get new blogger's {under 200 followers} blogs out there and recognized and to let you in on some facts about "the {wo}man behind the curtain."

So, here are the rules:
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself
  • You must answer the questions that the nominator set for you
  • You must create 11 questions for the people that you nominate
  • You must choose 11 blogs (w/ less than 200 followers) and link them to your post and let them know they were nominated.
  • You cannot "tag back" the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.

11 random things about myself:
 
1. I have been teaching for 9 years: 8 in kindergarten and {this year} 1 year in first grade.  I got to "loop" with my kiddos from kindergarten to first grade... HUGE BENEFIT!
 
2. I am married to an incredible man that I have known since I was 14 years old.  Andy is patient, kind and MOST OF ALL makes me laugh! We have so much history together that we should write a textbook. HA! I love you Sweets!
 
3. I was born an "Okie," but have lived as a Texan most of my life... YEEHAW!
 
4. In 2009, Andy and I started our adoption journey.  We began by fostering our daughter at 22 months old ... One month before her "official" {because we knew God placed her with us for a DEFINITE reason} adoption, we got a call that her biological brother had just been born.  He came straight from the hospital to our home.  After a very long and challenging year of court dates, home visits and being told we would probably lose him, he was also adopted into our home.  I could just weep thinking of the amazing roller coaster we went on... and that we were able to keep them together.  If you are interested in a more detailed version ... click here: Mallon's Adoption.
 5. I have a VERY beautiful and talented sister whose photography/art is absolutely stunning.  She needs no "plugs," but I will give her one any way! Check her out here! You have always been there for me through thick and thin.  You will always be my "little bobs!"  I love you "Babo!"

 6. I am a little bit of a health nut, partially because I have a thyroid condition called Hashimoto's disease.  I stay away from sugar, gluten and currently all grains. *GULP* It's been hard, but definitely feel better when the grains are gon-zo! I love organic food and grass-fed meats and educating my own kiddos {or anyone who will listen!} about the benefits of healthful eating.

7. I am a bargain junkie {just like good ol' dad!} To me, there is nothing sweeter than finding a great deal or bargain... I kind of laugh on the inside knowing that I COULD have BUT DIDN'T pay more.  If you show me the bargain, I'll show you the sucker! HA!
 
8. I love creating my own educational games and drawing my own graphics, hence this blog.  It was really scary to "put myself out there" and begin my journey to e-commerce, but it has been really exciting! I feel like I am constantly learning and improving as I create each new game.
 
9. I enjoy cooking and rarely use a recipe.  I love trying new foods from different cultures than my own ... some of my favorites - Mexican, Indian, Thai, Soul, Japanese & Lebanese.  I would really like to try Ethiopian cuisine.  I've heard great things!
 
10. I like to be outdoors if at all possible.  I love walking, biking, hiking {although not the finger breaking kind I did in CO this summer}, and just basically chilling in nature.
 
11. I love to go to musicals and plays.  My hubbie knows me too well and got me tix to see West Side Story on January 19th. YAY!
 Because I was so long winded... I will answer 3 questions from each gal that nominated me.

Sarah's Questions:
What is your favorite read aloud book? I love "Giraffes Can't Dance." Great message and illustrations!
How long have you been blogging? Only since the end of September 2012.
What is your favorite food? Mexican Food. I could eat it several times a week {except harder now that I am off all grains! Wah! Wah!}

Alisha's Questions:
Classroom Pet? I wish I could, but we aren't able to have one.
Do you make your bed each day? Uh.... I have to admit, NO!
Do you stay home for the holidays? Yes, but we discussed going skiing next Christmas.

Stephanie's Questions:
What is the hardest part of teaching for you? The paperwork ESPECIALLY b/c I have ADD! So hard to keep up!
Where would you most like to visit and why? Fiji because my grandpa had said it was one of the most beautiful places he had ever seen and that the people were just as beautiful.
Who inspires you? Children. Their imagination, outlook on life and creativity is something I hope to never lose sight of!
 Questions for my Nominees:
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Do you cook? If so, what is your favorite thing to make?
Technologically savvy or not?
Favorite color{s}?
Do you collect anything?
 What is your favorite music genre & artist?
Which stateS have/do you live in?
Have you always lived there?
What is your absolute favorite meal?
 Do speak more than one language?
What was your favorite subject in school?

Nominees:
Stickers and Staples
Imagination Station
Perfectly Primary
The Climbing Grapevine
The Lower Elementary Cottage
Psyched to be in 2nd Grade
Buzz On Over
Teacher Technotopia
I Dream of First Grade
This Little Piggy Reads
Math is Elementary

Holla back when you have completed yours, so I can get to know you better. :)

Thanks again so much for the nomination!

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous1/06/2013

    So great to learn all these awesome things about you! Sounds like you have had quite the life journey! Congratulations again!!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I appreciate it. :D

      Delete
  2. Nikki,
    Thanks so much for following my blog and nominating me. I'm very appreciative of your nomination; however, I was nominated for a Liebster by a few people a while back. This is my post:
    http://littlepiggyreads.blogspot.com/2012/11/im-in-with-cool-kids.html

    Wow, I read your personal story about adopting your children. Amazing story and I ADORE the name Violet...infact my daughter has a mermaid named Violet!!
    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination!!! Here's my post...
    http://www.teachertechnotopia.com/2013/01/so-excited-to-be-nominated-for-liebster.html

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete